Tuesday, January 05, 2010

For a Rose

It was a single dare that got us together. I was surprised to find myself comfortably enjoying times spent with you. We clicked. We danced the tide. We share moments of joy that pushed each other's sadness away. We found comfort in each other's misery, and we danced some more.

In our desperate attempt to forget, and beat the troubles down, we pushed it too hard and did the unthinkable, for as long as we were together. In that desolate place, we found our solace.

The good times spent came to an end as my realities were too grand to ignore, and I was left with no choice but to decide on what is best.

I did not leave you alone. I was just away for a while to chase a rainbow for whatever its worth. It took me a while to make up my mind but when I started packing, I knew then if I looked back I would have stopped myself. It was as if you heard my thoughts because you did not show up. No goodbyes, we promised.

I left with a heavy heart because you would be left alone, but I was comforted by the promises we have made and I did what I had to do.

Time flew and my return was met with sad realities, and once again, I forgot. I have forgotten why I left and why I have returned.

I have failed you as a friend. My best was not good enough, and I have not tried hard enough.

I am sorry.

I know things are not the same anymore, but I have faith that there will be better days, and that you will shine above it all.

you are a rose and these thorns will only make you stronger and better.

I am still here.

I have not gone that far.

I have forgiven you and I hope that you have forgiven me.

Forgiving myself would be the hardest part, but time heals all wounds.

No goodbyes. Only hellos.

No comments:

Post a Comment