Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Whirlwind

Chinese dinner, Bridesmaids and Wilson Phillips were three good reasons to cap off the last three whirlwind weeks. There are indeed some days when one goes through some highs and lows and sometimes one cannot help but succumb to the lows because it is easier. It is easier to be angry, to be sad and to be lonely. Having it easy can be a perfect excuse for not breaking the shackles, but as the Wilson Phillips song would say, things can change, things can go your way if you hold on for one more day.

I cannot dare say that things have changed and that things are certainly going my way now, but I would like to be open to that possibility.

My friend David had teased me that I have been in this whirlwind because of too much tv and that I have actually viewed my life as a punchline. We laughed. It is not just about the movie or the song or too much television, it is just that sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else what I already know in the back of my mind, or the tip of my tongue or in my heart of hearts.

That's what I love about my friends. They are just there despite the distance or the differences. One text, one phone call, a cup of coffee next, movies, unlimited popcorn, laughter and a nudge, and everything seems to be alright.

I have done tv marathon with another friend Minnette over Skype and it was really sweet.

Before Jayne had her baby we were still playing Garden of Time on Facebook and she still managed to send me text messages after her baby was born.

She is now ready to nurture and be a great mom and I am still growing up but she doesn't care.

I guess that's what friends are for. No more questions ask. Love is just given without questions ask unconditionally.

My eccentricities and my erratic state of mind and the drama make up for the person that I am and yet they are still there. I am too much to handle and regretfully some have decided I am simply that. I don't carry a torch and I respect that. I am simply glad that I am blessed with a few good friends.

So I am holding on for one more day so I get to thank my friends for not letting go of me despite my rough edges and the rough times.

"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment