Friday, October 16, 2009

kung kelan tahimik ako

you asked me ba't ako hindi nagsasalita
sabi mo pa nga sobrang tahimik ko
pag ako ba nagsalita
makikinig ka?
or do you just want to hear yourself?

i opened my mouth to verbalize it
the what, the why
but i choked on my own words
i can only pretend a smile
to hide my pains away.

if my silence bothers you
engage me in still idleness
maybe you'll catch a tear
maybe you wont
but at least i know
it is my voice you wish to hear.

bakit ganon
kung kailan tahimik ka
saka ka hahanapan ng sasabihin
kung wala ka ng sasabihin
iisipin ang damot mo na.

ask me again how i am
when you are ready to listen
when you can accept the truth
that i too can break and fall
i am not made of bricks
and i am capable of feeling
and i break easily.

ask me again
only this time
say it without words
just hold my hand
perhaps a hug
maybe a pat in the back
a smile
a face.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to believe that true friendship comes when the silence between two people becomes comfortable...

    ReplyDelete