Saturday, October 03, 2009

Manang

What makes me happy? you asked after I told you I was sad.

I couldn't think of one.

I was selfish.

I was blinded by my insatiable thirst for the filling for that empty niche inside me that I couldn't see the ugly truth before my very eyes.

I was in denial. I am a fraud. I am a fake.

But not anymore.

Today I think of tomorrow and it will all be over. I cried my last.

I have so much to thank for and you are the icing on the cake.

Manang, words are not enough to thank you for not one second did you let me down. Not for one moment did you give up on me even when I have already given up on myself.

It has been a pleasure and a joy taking this journey with you.

I am eternally grateful for the true friendship you have shown me.

I bit more than I could chew but you were there day by day helping me swallow the morsel of that scattered trust.

Manang I am pleased to tell you that I am happy.

I am happy because it will be over soon and you never let me down.

After tomorrow is a whole new battle for me but whether I am prepared or not, I will face it head on.

I know that I can fall. I can falter. I can stumble. I can cry. I can be me.

Because...

you are there.

gracias manang nuay tu komigo deha.

(for jayne marie)

No comments:

Post a Comment