Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Independence Day

Today I am saying goodbye to you.
Though I must admit
there is a twinge deep within the recesses of my being.
But you are one of the reasons why I took a leave of absence
from my day to day existence
in the life I have been so comfortably sheltered.

Today, you do not mean the world to me,
not anymore.
As I clumsily search for life's deeper meaning
you definitely no longer have a place
in my heart.

I must admit though that I have subjected myself
to willingly wait and suffer for this love unrequited
but I cannot stand still
not anymore.

The ride with you was definitely worth the fall,
but I must pick up the pieces now
and stand up again, not for you,
no, not even for someone else,
but there is this person I have to love more now,
this is why today, I declare it to be my independence day.

Today is my independence day.
Free from you, free from my fears of tomorrow, free from loving no one else,
but me, myself and I.

Goodbye to you.
The memories will surely linger,
but that is all there is to it,
nothing else matters now.

No comments:

Post a Comment