Monday, January 17, 2011

Requiem For A Dream

"...if only to find a reason to wake up everyday...a reason to lose some weight, to put on that red dress, to smile and live another day..."- Requiem For A Dream

What is your reason for a quick fix?

It can be a nicotine fix, sugar fix, caffeine fix, relentless wanting for attention, sexual cravings, even desperation for love.

So as not to feel lonely even for just a while, or to feel good about one's self even for a moment, or maybe in the hope of making it right.

Whatever right means.

Clinical depression is not even considered a disability, it is not even considered terminal, and some people (well for some who do not understand) think that it is just something that one creates, the mind thinks and it is manifested by the body.

What drives you?

What drives you to be on the edge?

I know one thing for sure though, falling does feel like flying oftentimes, and beneath all aspects and all accidents there is the naked will.

Freedom makes you do things others would think as plain insanity.

Others who do not know any difference.

A junkie? maybe, but who isn't?

When you have your quick fix, be it a doughnut, a bar of chocolate, a glass of wine, a bottle of beer, a sleeping pill, a cigarette, or someone you love but you cannot have, how does it make you feel for that one fleeting moment?

Now tell me, are you any different from a junkie?

Most illegal substance have been known as the best anti-depressant in the history of medicine.

It has become illegal because of the abuse.

I wonder why we cannot do the same for refined sugar. It is addictive and it is known to cause diseases like diabetes which has also caused someone dear to me his life, and eventually my dreams.

I have no legal or medical basis for this. I am just a nobody, but I do know one thing for sure, I know what it's like to have a quick fix.

The only difference is that I can admit it to myself, and you don't.

What is your "Requiem For A Dream" story?

No comments:

Post a Comment