Monday, August 08, 2011

Her


She took the bus back to her crib and I am back at mine. The resonant silence beckons me to hear that deafening noise from within me and solitude succumbs me once again with its cold cold embrace. But then I keep hearing another voice, that of hers.

Her limitless capacity to see the things I cannot. Her relentless endurance to understand my erratic mind state. Her unending explanation of things I am incapable of grasping. Her own uncertainties becalming my unbridled heart. Her own frustrations capturing the very essence of my tireless quest for filling the void.

Her warmth somehow keeps that wind that blows my wings.

Her friendship unquestioning despite of, and regardless.

Her big heart is my threshold for all that I am not and for everything I cannot.

My sister from a different set of parents but I love her just the same as I would from the one that would have come from my own mother's loins.

Thank you Minnette.

1 comment: