Thursday, August 11, 2011

Virtual Friend

I can still remember vividly how the ice cream felt in my mouth, tasteless but numbing. You brought it to me if only to make me feel I was not alone that night. I took offense. Was I desperate? I choked on my own reply because I was. It was the 31st floor where I used to live and looking down it seemed so easy if only to ease the pain, but thanks to you and those who pulled me through I have found my strength.

You were with me everyday in India. Even if I had to sit in front of my computer for hours till the wee hours, being physically present became immaterial because what mattered was the presence no matter what.

The little things did not go unnoticed.

You may think that I do not consider you for real, but to me you are.

I remember everything including the DVDs you brought to my dorm during those painstaking nights of waiting for the bar exams.

Some people think I am difficult but you never saw me that way and for that I am grateful unto infinity.

No, you are not slow at comprehending my metaphors and similes, you get it perfectly fine. You get me even if I don't.

Forgive me if I do not share to those around me what I have with you, it is just something I am keeping for myself because you too are just as important and just as priceless.

Forgive me if I wasn't able to return the kind of love you showed me, I was too broken.

You are loved.

for MLB

1 comment:

  1. Rating it 5! 5 being the highest. :)
    Thank you friend.. this is really nice..
    Napaiyak aku..

    ReplyDelete